My '54 was the ranch truck so I got it free (from Dej). Spent about $3,500 to resurect it (from Dej); run and stop after about 22 years of sitting, tires, coat of paint and registration and a couple minor parts like windshield wipers & a piece of plywood for the bed for in the meantime.
Having a place to work on Jack ourselves would have been handy but at the time my better half was barely home as he was working and living across the border. Thank goodness mechanical work and everything involving labor is a bit more reasonable here in Mexico than in the States (and our mechanic doesn't mind it when I hang around and 'help'
Gabriela's '54 3/4 ton cost $750. The PO held on to it for about 6 mos until I could get him the $$$ and then waited another 4-5 mos for us to pick it up. It sat for 18 years in his garage after starting a frame-up restoration. We just dragged it in to the mechanic in November (still no shop )(but soon ). In looking through the receipts I was given with the truck I found out: the PO paid $800 for the truck and spent over $2,000 in sandblasting and priming and a small fortune in parts which he packed up for us.
He really wanted the truck to stay basically stock (it will) and be with someone who would keep it forever. This was going to be a project we'd all three do together but school has Gablet away from home and that shop is still in the works soooooo...
The big truck '49 1 1/2 ton was our platform that Alberto got running after sitting about 15 years and made into a water truck. It was free... This one will be our personal project, no hurry & all receipts will be burned
My '52, back in '82 cost me my 2 year old Toyota Corolla and $300. That was a steal Original everything and everything working... I still have the pink slip, it got stolen 6 mos after I bought it.