4 1/2 years ago I bought a 1946 Chev big bolt fire engine with 46oo miles actual. To date all new wheel cylinders, brake lining, master cylinder rebuild and lots of odds and ends. I also did some engine work including the repair of bent push rods, front seal leaking, oil pan gaskets leaking & water pump r&r. I stripped her down to bare metal front to back. Lots of sanding and primer & high build primer. I now have the cab and body painted to a nice body shop shine. I still need complete glass replacement and lots of brackets and wheels to be stripped and finished. I bought the truck for $1250.00 and spent less than $4500.00 to date. I hope to have a complete truck bought and finished for not more than $7500.00 - $8000.00. Oh buy the way if I gave myself a dollar/hour for all the work I would be broke. Maybe another $$$$$$ ???????? ;>) Untill the ecomony turns around I'am just going to park it.