$600 for the '48 in 1992.
$100 extra for the 8-foot box shown in the picture.
$50 for the PO delivering the '48 to me. (I would have spent more in gas retrieving it myself.)
Minus $50 since I later sold the box for that and kept the bed flat.

My '48 was advertised in the paper under "Trucks," not antiques or vintage. It was 150 miles away and we drove to check it out and drive it. I didn't know about the brakes and tires so the fellow trailered it to me.

So, $700 in 1992.
Attachments
As Received 1992.jpg (60.6 KB, 111 downloads)

Last edited by Wally / Montana; 04/17/2019 1:38 AM.

1948 3/4-Ton 5-Window Flatbed Chevrolet

34 Years. Now with a '61 261, 848 head, Rochester Monojet carb, SM420 4-speed, 4.10 rear, dual reservoir MC, Bendix up front, 235/85R16 tires, 12-volt w/alternator, electric wipers and a modern radio in the glove box.