Paid around $1000 for my 54 3600 Chevy back in 2002. I had it for about three years and had a total brake replacement done on it that came to $2800 with over half of that being parts. Then I sold it because I also had a 1950 half ton GMC and not enough room. Then in 2010 the city sent their Code Enforcement officers out to collect some money for the city via fines for Code Violations. The GMC had a tarp over it in the back yard and the bed was off it at the time. I got a notice in the mail to build a garage for it or remove it within 30 days. Or the city would remove it and charge me for it.So I sold it quickly as I did not have the money available to build a garage that fast. Six weeks ago I saw my old 54 on Craigslist and bought it from a guy that had bought it a year after I had sold it from the buyer that bought it from me. It was only a mile away from where I had lived at the time. This time I payed $4000. And it's still not restored.