I've never really liked saying what I paid for things, but I've found a way to say it that I enjoy.

My wife drives a Subaru Outback that we bought slightly used for a little more than $20,000 about six years ago.

We traded my then current primary driver on that car so I got to go find another car. That lead to my '55 1st GMC Suburban.

Now I have that Suburban, a Corvette, a K2500 and a bunch of AD trucks including two COE's, two GMC 1-tons and a '54 3100. And I've paid less total for the whole bunch of them than we paid for that Subaru.

That one fact goes a long way when I want to spend money on another one!

Fortunately I've not been required to account for what I've spent on tools, parts and building a shop to play with them in.


1955 1st GMC Suburban | 1954 GMC 250 trailer puller project | 1954 GMC 250 Hydra-Matic | 1954 Chevy 3100 . 1947 Chevy COE | and more...
It's true. I really don't do anything but browse the Internet looking for trouble...