Answered my own question.

Yes. It does overhang the pushrod cover. I installed the new, single Mahle valve cover gasket and the grommets, washers and acorn nuts fit as they should.

No leaks on the valve cover and now, no leaks on the pushrod cover. The slotted screw on the bottom of the cover , just forward of the draft tube was seeping oil through the threads. Rats!

I removed it and coated it with Super 300. Nope.

Used thread sealer. Nope.

Then I got a tube of RTV, stuck the end in the hole and squeezed out some. Installed panhead screw. Woohoo, success!


Now, since the engine is so much more quiet, I'm annoyed by a tick that on a normal engine would be a stuck hydraulic lifter. Does this mean that I need to go through the rockers again and do another hot adjustment? Maybe the 216 is just noisier than the engines I'm used to and I should leave well enough alone?

Oil is flowing very well into the rocker shaft. Everything up there is plenty oily now.


1950 Chevrolet 3100 (Ol' Roy)

1939 Packard Standard Eight Coupe (The Phantom) | 1956 Cadillac Coupe de Ville (The Bismarck) | 1964 Ford Galaxie 500 coupe |1966 Ford Mustang (Little Red) | 1969 Pontiac GTO (The Dishpit) I 1979 Ford F-100 | 1976 Ford F-150 (Big Red) | 1995 Ford F-150 (Newt)