After talking to Kevin on the phone, I got my confusion cleared up and now have both shafts installed torqued to 30 foot pounds on all four bolts and the two valve cover studs.

I installed a compression coupling on the 3/16 inch tube. I cut 1/8 inch off of the short piece with the captive feral in order to get a nice flat seat in the compression fitting. I installed that in first then stuck it through the hole and attached it to the long part from the oil pump. Then pushed it up and threaded the captive feral nut to the bronze oil tube

Now I guess I need to do a cold valve adjustment. I won't install the side cover or the spark plugs until everything's done.

I assume I'll be able to rotate the engine by turning the fan, hopefully.

At first I thought maybe I better turn it over and make sure that my oil tube repair works but I don't see any need for that since the entire rocker assembly was full of fresh oil and leaking out of the valve cover prior to disassembly, which obviously indicates that the oil tube was functioning as it should. It just wasn't getting enough oil up there to service the rear of the rocker shaft.

But correct me if I'm wrong if there is another passageway that oil makes it into the rocker shaft area. Doesn't look like there is.
Attachments
IMG_20260925_144851276.jpg (215.46 KB, 73 downloads)
IMG_20260925_150009197.jpg (186.3 KB, 72 downloads)
IMG_20260925_141938535.jpg (237.58 KB, 70 downloads)
IMG_20260925_105312479.jpg (237.85 KB, 76 downloads)


1950 Chevrolet 3100 (Ol' Roy)

1939 Packard Standard Eight Coupe (The Phantom) | 1956 Cadillac Coupe de Ville (The Bismarck) | 1964 Ford Galaxie 500 coupe |1966 Ford Mustang (Little Red) | 1969 Pontiac GTO (The Dishpit) I 1979 Ford F-100 | 1976 Ford F-150 (Big Red) | 1995 Ford F-150 (Newt)