I was basically planning on installing it in the reverse order that I took it apart.
I removed the front shaft first by loosening the center stud and the two attaching bolts removed that whole assembly and then did the same thing with the rear one.
I have the rear shaft loosely fitted and then installed the front shaft the same way that it came out.
I now have both shafts loosely installed with no torque on any of the four attaching bolts or two studs.
I didn't adjust any of the screws because I wanted it to at least run when I reassembled it before I did the valve adjustment but was planning on doing a preliminary cold adjustment before starting the engine. I'm not sure I understand the reason to loosen them all up.
In the picture you can see everything is installed and lined up but fit very loosely with gaps between the head and mounting pylons
Wouldn't I just tighten those six bolts and studs to torque?
Last edited by Otto Skorzeny; 09/25/20263:24 PM.
1950 Chevrolet 3100 (Ol' Roy)
1939 Packard Standard Eight Coupe (The Phantom) | 1956 Cadillac Coupe de Ville (The Bismarck) | 1964 Ford Galaxie 500 coupe |1966 Ford Mustang (Little Red) | 1969 Pontiac GTO (The Dishpit) I 1979 Ford F-100 | 1976 Ford F-150 (Big Red) | 1995 Ford F-150 (Newt)