Me too. This is causing me a lot of anxiety. I've never adjusted valves on any vehicle before in my life.
When I install the two rocker shaft assemblies, my plan is to position them loosely. The bronze oil squirter appears to be the thing that keeps the two shafts in alignment.
Once they're aligned and the balls are sitting in the pushrod sockets and rockers are resting on their respective valve stems, I'll torque everything down and then attach the copper oil tube.
I haven't yet fixed that. I have a compression coupling to reuse the old piece. Or I can use the oil hose I have that's rated for carrying oil under 50psi and at temps up to 250.
1950 Chevrolet 3100 (Ol' Roy)
1939 Packard Standard Eight Coupe (The Phantom) | 1956 Cadillac Coupe de Ville (The Bismarck) | 1964 Ford Galaxie 500 coupe |1966 Ford Mustang (Little Red) | 1969 Pontiac GTO (The Dishpit) I 1979 Ford F-100 | 1976 Ford F-150 (Big Red) | 1995 Ford F-150 (Newt)