I just finished adjusting the rocker arms. I used Jerry's suggestion in his video of 008 for the intake and 012 for the exhaust.

And of course I'm still nervous about what will happen when I start the truck up but it'll probably be okay.

My next course of action is to install the side cover and glue the valve cover gasket into position on the head.

Then I'll install the spark plugs wires rotor and whatever else I removed prior to starting it up and looking for leaks in the side cover.

I'll then get the vehicle to operating temperature and check all of the valve adjustments while hot. And set them according to the shop manual.

Does this sound like a proper plan?

I'm tempted to go through the engine again and recheck my work on the valves but I think I'm just being OCD.
Attachments
IMG_20260926_120308142.jpg (167.56 KB, 40 downloads)
IMG_20260926_120317538.jpg (115.11 KB, 38 downloads)


1950 Chevrolet 3100 (Ol' Roy)

1939 Packard Standard Eight Coupe (The Phantom) | 1956 Cadillac Coupe de Ville (The Bismarck) | 1964 Ford Galaxie 500 coupe |1966 Ford Mustang (Little Red) | 1969 Pontiac GTO (The Dishpit) I 1979 Ford F-100 | 1976 Ford F-150 (Big Red) | 1995 Ford F-150 (Newt)