Wow. Night and day difference in how quiet the engine runs without four rockers beating themselves to death due to lack of lubrication. There's still some clickety clack noises, but nothing like before. Having never heard another solid lifter 216 run, I don't know what's considered normal.
Now I can relax to the soothing sound of the transmission whine instead of the overpowering racket of valve clatter!
I can see the oil pipe dribbling out and there's a river of oil running down the passenger side of the head into the drain hole so I know my oil pipe coupling repair is working.
Maybe they still need a hot adjustment but I started that and decided to quit before I messed something up.
Good enough is good enough. Perfect is a pain in the arse.
Anyway, If I get around to posting the audio/video on YouTube, I'll post it so you all can tell me if more adjustment is needed.
1950 Chevrolet 3100 (Ol' Roy)
1939 Packard Standard Eight Coupe (The Phantom) | 1956 Cadillac Coupe de Ville (The Bismarck) | 1964 Ford Galaxie 500 coupe |1966 Ford Mustang (Little Red) | 1969 Pontiac GTO (The Dishpit) I 1979 Ford F-100 | 1976 Ford F-150 (Big Red) | 1995 Ford F-150 (Newt)