In March 2008 I was sitting at home burning unused vacation time, and wondering if I would have a job. Seems another company had my company in it’s crosshairs for acquisition. With nothing else to do I was surfing the web and found an all original 1950 Chevy half ton for sale on eBay. It hadn’t been bid on yet, so I quickly fired off an email to the owner saying I wanted to talk about the truck. He replied that it would be impossible because he was deaf. Well, through the help of some telephone operators who communicate with hearing impaired folks, I made an offer for his truck. He agreed to my price and I left the next morning from San Antonio headed to Davenport, Iowa . After inspecting the truck I handed him $4,800 cash, loaded it on a U-Haul transport trailer and pulled it back home. I’ve enjoyed driving it on the weekends ever since. Love my truck!
Chuck 1950 Chevy 1/2 ton (all original) 1951 Chevy 1/2 ton (future streetrod) 1941 Chevy coupe 1938 Chevy coupe streetrod