My 53 3800 was given to me for free with no engine in 1978. I dropped in a used 63 235, changed it over to 12 volt, and drove it fully loaded with all my possessions from central Illinois to central Missouri, then drove it around here for several years. Then parked it for 20 years before deciding to restore it. I figure I'll have about $10 - 12,000 in it when I'm finished, which is not bad considering what a new one ton sells for!

Tim


I am currently digging back in to a 1953 3800 (one ton) with a nine foot bed. I've owned it since 1979, and drove it until 1982 (or so). My wife got me involved in restoring it back in 2002, got the body removed and the frame redone, then things came up. Now I am retired and starting again. If anyone is interested I have photos on Imagur ( https://timwhiteblues.imgur.com/ ). I live way back in the woods in the Ozarks on 40 acres at the end of a 2 1/2 mile private road.

Tim