About 18 years ago we paid about 3k for the '41. The receipts obtained from the previous owner indicated that he had almost that much in it. In the last two years or so that figure has multiplied many times over and the truck is still not to the point where I would feel as comfortable as Denny does with his.

I've been intentionally avoiding updating the current cost of The Project but just to give an idea here's the spreadsheet breakout as of July 2007.

Interestingly, last night a friend was showing me photos of a red and black '41, in pristine condition, that went for 28K at Barrett Jackson Arizona this year; That's just a bit shy of what I do, or will have in parts upon completion. Of course if I would have went that route I wouldn't have had as much fun, learned all about my truck, and interacted with all of the fine folks here on the 'Bolt.

One of these days...


My 1941 in the Stovebolt Gallery
My Photo Album


But I tried, didn't I? ... At least I did that. RP McMurphy
The past belongs to the future...but only the present can preserve it.
Besides the noble art of getting things done, there is a nobler art of leaving things undone.