Finally pulled the trigger on a multimeter. Working on boilers I had my trusty Fluke for Over 10 years, when it died a while back I needed something quick, ended up with a GB in the $60. price range … just hated it every time I pulled it out, hard to find the right setting, very difficult to read and tone was so soft I could not hear it.
With my truck GM HEI module acting up and wanting to take some trustworthy readings I put a new Fluke 17B+ in my Amazon (Fluke Store) cart Saturday, went back to the cart on Monday and there was a price drop of about 25% to $123. for that model ( I think for prime day?). Glad I did it. Must admit readings are about the same but everything about it is so user friendly, now i can select a setting straight away, read it a glance, and it tones loud enough for a retired/deaf old fart to hear. A bit pricy but since my last high end Fluke was close,to,$500.00 it seems like a decent value.