Yes I just got out here to my mom's and was able to keep the temperature just under 212° on the gauge, which has proven to be very accurate when compared with a infrared thermometer. As long as I was moving it 40 to 45 with the heater on full blast the gauge stayed right around 210°. Only when I had to stop behind a slowpoke did it go over to 212°. With a 4 lb cap I figure it's going to boil over at 224°.
Now that I'm out here, I'm going to let it cool down and drain everything and flush it with clean water at first and see what I can come up with. I think also I'll remove the thermostat and take a look down there and see what kind of Gunk has been dislodged from the bowels of the engine
Last edited by klhansen; 07/06/20246:15 PM. Reason: fixed some numbers
1950 Chevrolet 3100 (Ol' Roy)
1939 Packard Standard Eight Coupe (The Phantom) | 1956 Cadillac Coupe de Ville (The Bismarck) | 1964 Ford Galaxie 500 coupe |1966 Ford Mustang (Little Red) | 1969 Pontiac GTO (The Dishpit) I 1979 Ford F-100 | 1976 Ford F-150 (Big Red) | 1995 Ford F-150 (Newt)