Hotrod and anyone else,
I may be younger than you, but what makes you more experienced than me. It's like saying that because I'm older than my daughter (who is 14), I must be better at doing this computer stuff, which is far from the truth. She has been born into that era and knows nothing much prior to that. Age isn't that much of a factor as much as experience is. I've been a certified line mechanic for the same shop for the last 18 years. I work on the side sometimes at night and weekends on friends and families cars, trucks, tractors, skid loaders etc,etc. Then I get to work on my fleet. Before that I worked on construction equipment, heavy and light duty.
As your name indicates, you can't be as against automobile modification as you let on. That's the essences of the term hotrod. As I've said before, I've lowered my truck (about 40K miles ago)with only springs, used stock shocks, better tires, it aligned easily and it's a far better truck for it. I know this from personal experience. We all know cutting and heating springs and so on is
not "lowering", it's "butchering" and isn't worth discussing on this site. That's more for the Jap crowd than bolters.
Excuse the rantings,
Scott