Deve,

I have followed your pictures and story. Personally it seems a shame for you to put all this work into your own vehicle to look nice and original just to go with a modern ignition because you will have to put a little time into it every once in a while. I get it but there will not be noticeable difference. We tried it on the neighbor's truck and ended up taking it out - just felt out of place.

If you drive only your old P&C trucks a combined 25K miles a year that is between 5 and 8 times you will have to fool with them. It's your truck so it is your call but if you are looking for opinions beyond performance I vote to keep the originality.

Let us know if you do any sort of performance/gas mileage tests as I am curious about those as well.

Thanks


36 Chevy 1.5 ton - rusting away
52 Chevy 3100 - in progress
72 Chevy K20 - DD

PANTS UP DON'T LOOT! PANTS UP DON'T LOOT!

NEVER watch another man eat a banana.