"I am looking for a more trouble free, smoother running engine that isn't tasked more by the choking, spitting and backfiring that can happen when points are worn, and condensers fail." what makes any engine "happy" is to be taken care of

when I was a kid my Dad owned a small cab company, the cabs were 52-3 Chevys [and one Packard for occasional peak period backup grin ], he looked for 'trouble free' too, his income depended on it .... where that hides out is a place called preventive maintenance wink I doubt he had many problems caused by faulty distributor parts because regular attention to tune was on the schedule, as recommended in the shop manual .... my intro to old 'bolts was in the dirt floored garage of Dads mechanic

Bill


Moved over to the Passing Lane

"When we tug a single thing in nature, we find it attached to the rest of the world" ~ John Muir
"When we tug a single thing on an old truck, we find it falls off" ~ me
Some TF series details & TF heater pics