Originally Posted by 53moneypit
Mallory cost way too much and you can get a just as good result at lower cost so there won't be as many of them used. Not sure they even offer a unit for a 235 era engine.
They do still offer one for the 235, but you are correct about the price. They've gone up about double what I paid for mine about 15 years ago. Part of that could be that mine is a Magnetic Breakerless model, the current ones are Unilites, though. I'm pleased with the performance, but there are a few things that the venders seem to neglect to mentions, mainly that they should be run with an ignition box for best performance, especially if you run a hot coil (I have a 3-RLi box and Promaster coil). Other than the original cap burning out the center contact, I have had no problems with it.
I will freely admit, were I to do it again, I probably would stick with a stock distributor with points. Only reason I didn't was that the bushings and shaft were shot in mine, and replacements were not readily available at the time locally.


Bill Burmeister