I actually can say I had the points break on me once. I was on a mission to see my wife 1200 miles away. I left from Biloxi and got 50 miles or so west of San Antonio.. NOTHING there, and the engine quit near an exit ramp near a closed gas station. It was sunday. But, one of the locals called the owner and he came out and got out his cigar box of points and found a set for me. The arm was broke in half. But its rare. VERY rare. 1954 3100. At 20 years old, I learned fast! Keep the thread going! So far this thread is looking like one of those keepers for those who have this question later. I know its sure helping me!


Deve

1950 Chevy 3100 Deluxe Cab
1950 Chevy 3100 Standard Cab
In the Stovebolt Gallery
The Think Tank
More info and tips at Deve's Technet