Good input ALL. What I keep going back to is, all these years after the 60's HEI was used and vehicles ran hundreds of thousands of miles without ever even thinking about the distributor. So, there should be ZERO, NONE, absolutely nobody contentious about this issue. You should hear... Deve, you dumass, everyone has known for thousands of years now that HEI is just a no-brainer. It should then be a question of LOOKS. I want the new HEI to emulate the looks of the old style to give us vintage enthusiasts our due.

So maybe I am really slow, but what I am hearing is, Pertronix hasn't done its job in making a retro fit HEI work in our 235/261 engines. THEY have the right look, but apparently, they haven't used the 60 years of technology to improve and perfect their system? I mean HELLO? I'm wrong tho right? LOL!


Deve

1950 Chevy 3100 Deluxe Cab
1950 Chevy 3100 Standard Cab
In the Stovebolt Gallery
The Think Tank
More info and tips at Deve's Technet