So far, correct me if I am wrong..

1) Nothing bad to say about Langdons HEI unit. For me, the only drawback is it doesn't have that original look. I could get over that for trouble free operation.

2) Mallory isn't touched on too much. Not sure why more people don't go that route.

3) Pertronix has its detractors. Seems to be a higher failure rate than I would like to hear especially since it has the more original look so a top choice?

4) Since these aren't modern engines were you buy the car, years later sell the car without ever opening the hood, regular attention is required so points are really no problem?

Langdon sells a round stock looking coil. Would Langdons round coil work with a Pertronix unit? Nostalgia is sort of important to all of this. Making it look too modern just takes away from it all.


Deve

1950 Chevy 3100 Deluxe Cab
1950 Chevy 3100 Standard Cab
In the Stovebolt Gallery
The Think Tank
More info and tips at Deve's Technet