I have Langdon's dizzy on my 53 and it starts almost immediately no matter the weather if the gas is fresh. That means letting it run for 10-15 minutes a month so the gas doesn't get too stale and keeping a minimum amount in the tank when it's not being driven. I genuinely believe gas is half the equation. No problems with this unit since installed 9 years ago.

On the other hand I just had to replace the Mallory unit in my 57 and it looked good but wouldn't run for s...t. Last Mallory I'll ever own. Bought a Pertronix dizzy from Amazon and it is great. Only problem was it took them three times before they accepted the fact that Ferd dizzys won't fit a SBC.

The performance of each is really good but the milage isn't too great on either and seems to involve my right foot. So a discussion on mileage is way too subjective to mean anything anyway. All the options you list may be good choices for you.


1953 Chevy 5-window 3100
In the Stovebolt Gallery
More pix on Picturetrail

Dave
Engine & Driveline Moderator

If you can't make seventy by an easy road, don't go. ~~ Mark Twain