I have had two pertronix fail on me, using their special coil, I asked on this very forum if anyone had the same experience, I got 10 replies, 4 of which were the "I would never use it again" variety, that along with my 2 failures makes 6 out of 12 against. Not to mention the same topic on another forum with about the same numbers. The only time my truck has failed to get me home in 30 years is when I "UPGRADED" my ignition. It didn't run any better, perhaps even worse, and no amount of tinkering with points for the rest of my life will ever equal that windy rainy day along side the road waiting for the bus with my family in tow. To go home and get the little bag of parts, and wrenches I had in the glove box just for this sort of thing. That I had taken out earlier and forgot to put back in. Then to go stand in the same wind and rain switching everything back. I'll stick with the points thank you. No to mention I have a lifetime supply of real NOS points I got on Ebay for $35. I still have the replacement unit pertronix sent me, but I can't bring myself to install it.