The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
2 members (dt235sd, Peggy M), 76 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,130
Posts1,056,713
Members48,454
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#154823 09/14/2007 1:59 AM
Joined: Nov 1995
Posts: 5,729
J
24601
24601
J Offline
Joined: Nov 1995
Posts: 5,729
Slowly but Shirley has the fenders back on my '49 4400.

Here\'s the truck as of this evening

The boss isn\'t that impressed ...

The interior is coming along, too

Just a few last wiring issues and we may be able to start the truck up again soon! Probably won't make it to Winchester but I hope to have it finished for Macungie next year.

grin
John


~ John

A kid raised on Hotwheels, Matchbox and Tonka cannot be reasonably expected to own only one vehicle as an adult.

1949 Chevrolet 3804
In the Legacy Gallery | In the Gallery Forum
1973 IH 1310 Dump
1963 Kaiser M38A1
2001 International/AmTran RE3000 "Skoolie"
2014 Ford E-350 4x4 (Quigley)
#154824 09/14/2007 2:43 AM
Joined: Mar 2004
Posts: 6,225
M
'Bolter
'Bolter
M Offline
Joined: Mar 2004
Posts: 6,225
Look'n good John!

Mike B smile


Mike Boteler

1956 Chevy 3100 Resto Rod
1952 Willys M38 Army Jeep
1983 Jeep CJ7 Laredo
1984 Jeep CJ7
+++++
Silver Spring, MD
#154825 09/14/2007 3:01 AM
Joined: Jan 2005
Posts: 364
P
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
P Offline
Joined: Jan 2005
Posts: 364
NICE! cool


Keith
If it were easy they'd have grade schoolers doing it!
#154826 09/14/2007 3:05 AM
Joined: Jan 2005
Posts: 1,602
V
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
V Offline
Joined: Jan 2005
Posts: 1,602
Slow and steady is the way to go! Nice work.


#154827 09/14/2007 3:26 AM
Joined: May 2001
Posts: 7,438
Extreme Gabster
Extreme Gabster
Joined: May 2001
Posts: 7,438
Looks like you went right to work on it as soon as you got home. Looking good. Keep chippin' at it.


"It's just a phase. He'll grow out of it." Mama, 1964

1956 Chevy 1/2-ton 3100
1953 Chevy 6100 "The Yard dog"
1954 GMC Suburban Now with a new proud owner.
#154828 09/14/2007 4:35 AM
Joined: Feb 2007
Posts: 190
T
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
T Offline
Joined: Feb 2007
Posts: 190
Very nice, looking good.

#154829 09/14/2007 12:22 PM
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 5,089
P
Authorized Pest
Authorized Pest
P Online: Content
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 5,089
Cletis,

I wonder how that show affected most of you guys. I think I heard that comment ("I'm gonna go home and work on my truck") a LOT from different folks over the weekend.

I guess that makes sense.

The truck is looking good and notice the garage was tidy! smile

Peg


~ Peggy M
1949 Chevrolet 3804
"Charlie" - The Stovebolt Flagship
In the Gallery
"Success comes in 'cans' ..."
#154830 09/14/2007 4:09 PM
Joined: Feb 2006
Posts: 1,867
R
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
R Offline
Joined: Feb 2006
Posts: 1,867
Cool! You can almost see the light at the end of the tunnel huh? cool


My 1953 Chevrolet
1947.1 Gallery
1972 C-10 1/2 Ton & 1972 C-30 1 Ton
#154831 09/14/2007 9:01 PM
Joined: Feb 2006
Posts: 222
R
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
R Offline
Joined: Feb 2006
Posts: 222
Looks great! I only wish I was that far along.
Hey John, while I am here, what type of horses are those that you have on your profile page? They are beautiful and seeing them working as a team is a pleasure reminiscent of the past.
Rick

#154832 09/15/2007 2:53 AM
Joined: Nov 1995
Posts: 1,159
N
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
N Offline
Joined: Nov 1995
Posts: 1,159
Thanks everybody!

Rick, Those are Belgians. My lead horse is 18.3h & 2,600 lbs and the off side is 18.1 h and 2,400 lbs. Back in the Spring, we made the decision to retire them and they are no longer on our farm -- they've gone to a different farm to be pasture buddies for a show horse. And at 20 years old, it was taking too much out of them to be on pasture 11 months out of the year and then work 4 weeks at Christmas time. And as I didn't have a lot of time to work with them anymore ... I think they're happy with retirement.

See you at Winchester??

grin
John


~ One of many.
#154833 09/15/2007 4:05 AM
Joined: Jun 2001
Posts: 793
T
Bondo Artiste
Bondo Artiste
T Offline
Joined: Jun 2001
Posts: 793
John,

Looking real good, keep up the hard work.


~ Phillip
1949 GMC Suburban - 10 year project
1952 Pontiac Chieftain Convertible straight 8 hydramatic
1945 GMC half ton truck - Driver- Sold 9-15-25
1946 Chevy COE - SOLD 1-5-26 BUH BYE CHEVY!
1959 GMC Half ton long bed NAPCO
#154834 09/15/2007 8:18 AM
Joined: Mar 2006
Posts: 1,703
S
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
S Offline
Joined: Mar 2006
Posts: 1,703
John,
Looks Fantastic !
S~! to Peggy for keepin your shop so tidy !


1952 Chevy Shortbed

Photos in Photobucket

If It Aint Broke Fix It Till It Is!
#154835 09/15/2007 4:06 PM
Joined: Feb 2006
Posts: 222
R
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
R Offline
Joined: Feb 2006
Posts: 222
Hi John,
The, keeper of the calendar, has decreed that I may have one day off next weekend to go to the show. I'll have to drive up from the DC area and back the same day. Which day would be best for a one day visit?

#154836 09/15/2007 6:32 PM
Joined: Dec 2002
Posts: 2,549
S
'Bolter
'Bolter
S Offline
Joined: Dec 2002
Posts: 2,549
Look'in Good !


Spanky Hardy
Collector Of Fine Old G.M. COE Trucks & Antique Holmes Wreckers

1948 Chevrolet 5700 COE Holmes HD W35 Wrecker
In the Stovebolt Gallery
More pictures on Photobucket

1950 GMC 250 1-Ton
In the Stovebolt Gallery
#154837 09/15/2007 8:19 PM
Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 14,522
Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall
Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall
Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 14,522
Hip Hip Hooray for John. Looking good pal. Shop is clean, truck looking good, interior coming along good. I think the boss may be a litte miffed because she doesn't have any wrenches in her hand....you do let her work on it don't you. grin

wave to Peggy and yes, I did say I'm gonna go home and get right on the panel....BUT the truth is I have only been in the shop once. I had to rest for a day or two then the school district called wanting me to ride...I say RIDE not drive the school bus so I started that little part time job. HOWEVER, my running boards were on the front porch when I got home..and took me two days to open them. BUT, I'm gonna get right on that panel starting TODAY,hehe. Victoria got sick mid week and is just now recovering. I'm taking good care of her though and she said HI.


1937 Chevy Pickup
In the Gallery
1952 Chevy Panel
In the Gallery
More photos
1950 Chevy Coupe
Pictures!

I'd rather walk and carry a Chevy hub cap than ride in a Ferd.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you smile
#154838 09/16/2007 12:28 AM
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 460
T
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
T Offline
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 460
Good to hear you're taking care of Victoria and that you're both getting better, Alvin... it's not a lot of fun being sick especially when you're on a trip at the time...

Despite that, I see you from the pics that you all had a wonderful time in Kansas... hopefully next year you'll both feel great and you can have your 37 there too... wink

Hang in there and get well soon! smile

~Trev

#154839 09/16/2007 4:34 AM
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 1,276
H
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
H Offline
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 1,276
John Truck looks great coming along nicely. grin
Peggy the shop makes me sick I feel like you guys are rubbing it in, I risk injury just walking in mine. wink


The difference between men and boys is the price of their toys.
Grant from Roy, Washington
1956 6100 Chevy Dump Truck in the Gallery
1964 GMC Drump Truck in the Gallery
user
http://s1301.photobucket.com/user/56Taskforce/slideshow/
#154840 09/16/2007 5:48 PM
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 5,089
P
Authorized Pest
Authorized Pest
P Online: Content
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 5,089
The shop clean? SW, that was a nice surprise for me to see, too!! (I didn't do it ... I pick up some stuff when I'm out there ... but before this picture, it was too hard to get around. Mostly because he had parts and boxes everywhere. The best I can do is pick up stanky rags and toss them into the trash can -- if I can reach it.)

John was out there all day yesterday, so I'm sure he'll give you another report.

Alvin, hope Victoria is feeling better by now. Seems like KC took something out of all of us. I wondered if we all picked up a little bug. We were in a pretty big crowd of people most of the time.

Riding a bus? That's a switch.

HH - oh John's shop shouldn't make you sick. You should see some of the others in here. Incredible!

Peg


~ Peggy M
1949 Chevrolet 3804
"Charlie" - The Stovebolt Flagship
In the Gallery
"Success comes in 'cans' ..."
#154841 09/17/2007 4:15 PM
Joined: Nov 1995
Posts: 5,729
J
24601
24601
J Offline
Joined: Nov 1995
Posts: 5,729
Yep, got the new wiring harness pretty much installed, so I tested it (everything okay except no high beams or dome light...). Then I decided to crank the motor (hadn't run since we went to Winchester last Spring). Started right up. So then I replaced the shift tower, put the clutch and brake pedals back on, installed the accelerator pedal and we were off to the races!

Went for a ride down to the end of our lane and back. Everything went well except for a slight exhaust leak, a small radiator leak (at the drain cock -- I may have forgotten to put teflon tape on it)

Shop? Mine is nothing special and it is far too small (aren't they all). Ask Bill Marlow!

If you want to see a nice shop, go see 42chevy\'s truck & shop

grin
John


~ John

A kid raised on Hotwheels, Matchbox and Tonka cannot be reasonably expected to own only one vehicle as an adult.

1949 Chevrolet 3804
In the Legacy Gallery | In the Gallery Forum
1973 IH 1310 Dump
1963 Kaiser M38A1
2001 International/AmTran RE3000 "Skoolie"
2014 Ford E-350 4x4 (Quigley)
#154842 09/18/2007 12:37 AM
Joined: Jan 2007
Posts: 63
S
New Guy
New Guy
S Offline
Joined: Jan 2007
Posts: 63
Nice work John.

#154843 09/18/2007 2:43 AM
Joined: Feb 2007
Posts: 513
M
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
M Offline
Joined: Feb 2007
Posts: 513
i wish mine was that nice, looks good


1949 Chevy 3600 Flatbed all orginal
1964 gmc 4000
1973 gmc 6000
2005 chevy duramax 4x4
1994 chevy 1500
Trucks are GM and Tractors are Orange

"I don't measure a man's success by how high he climbs but how high he bounces when he hits bottom." - General George S. Patton
#154844 09/18/2007 3:11 PM
Joined: Jun 2007
Posts: 110
4
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
4 Offline
Joined: Jun 2007
Posts: 110
truck is looking good john, i love my big bolt...


nothin like ol' Chevy iron..keep it goin

1948 Chevy Loadmaster Flatbed
#154845 09/24/2007 3:36 PM
Joined: Jul 2000
Posts: 623
"MONGO"
"MONGO"
Joined: Jul 2000
Posts: 623
Missed this post earlier... Looking Good John, I like the color.
The truck show got me motivated too, I been looking at picking up a school bus, and I picked up a 261 to replace the tired 235 in big red.
MONGO


Mongo's Garage
Vintage GM Truck's & Parts
https://mongosgarage.com
#154846 09/24/2007 5:00 PM
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 382
A
'Bolter
'Bolter
A Offline
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 382
Looking good, John! cool


1948 Chevrolet 1-Ton Grain Truck
In the Stovebolt Gallery SOLD
More pix in Photobucket

"A Man & His Truck--It's a Beautiful Thing!"

"You're never 100% ready, you're just next"....Ty Murray
#154847 09/26/2007 3:10 AM
Joined: Aug 2004
Posts: 242
J
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
J Offline
Joined: Aug 2004
Posts: 242
Well John;
now I have envy, the truck is looking sweet


1942 G5106 1.5-ton Chevy cargo dump Gallery page




Old Dominion Stovebolt Society
T/Sgt. Gott (28 years of service with the USPP)
1940 Chevy G506 4112 cargo dump
1942 Diamond T G509 969A 4 ton wrecker
1942 Ward LaFrance G116 series 2 10 ton wrecker
1944 Ward LaFrance G116 series 5 10 ton wrecker
1931 Ford AA with a WEAVER crane
1944 Sterling HC 165 tractor
1944 Autocar U7144T w/ 10 ton trailer
#154848 09/26/2007 3:36 PM
Joined: Feb 2002
Posts: 2,893
W
Socket Breaker
Socket Breaker
W Offline
Joined: Feb 2002
Posts: 2,893
Way to go John, looks good.

-W


Moderated by  69Cuda, Super55 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0