I worked with Tom a few years ago on my three carb setup for my 53.
The engine is a 58 Car 235 with a 3/4 cam, HEI backed by a T5 and later rear end. Tom had the best price anywhere on the carbs at the time. He warned me I had to do some sheet metal work to make it all fit but it was worth it. the carbs bolted up with no problem and we were able to figure out the linkage. We had it running good in no time. More instructions would have been great but I didn't see it as anything I couldn't figure out. I think it's generally understood that anytime you make the departure from stock (and many times when you don't) that a certain amount of head scratching should be expected. Just to clarify is this the linkage we're talking about? Post some pictures showing your issues. I'd like to see what your talking about.

You should have had a good idea what your were going to receive by looking at the picture on Tom's site that I posted above. If from that you had further questions as to "Why it's not just a bell crank" I'm sure Tom would have addressed them or anyone here on the bolt that had installed one would have been happy to talk about it or send you pictures of their install close up.
I'm disappointing and surprised you brought this here without even a call to Tom first. Also in my experience regarding customer service issues pick up the phone not the keyboard Email is great but it's hard to get the felling for the conversation with pixels not voices. For a not confrontational guy your email to Tom sounds pretty harsh I'm sure you didn't mean it to be but once again that's how it comes across in black and white. How bout working with him not against him to resolve the issue. I have no doubt he will make it right if your reasonable about it. Tom is also an Engineer and I'm sure he'll be happy to get your feedback.

I would recommend in your case returning it all to Langdon.
Track down one of the carbs with a manual choke (or get the kit and convert it).
Build a better carb base adapter and linkage.
Document it, take pictures and share your solution with us.

"Since I sold the Rochester B yesterday, I've taken a truck that ran and made it not run. That is part of the disappointment." Poor planning on your part does not necessitate an emergency on Tom's part. If it ran so good why are you replacing it?

Just my 2¢, I ain't mad at ya'.
Steve


Mongo's Garage
Vintage GM Truck's & Parts
https://mongosgarage.com