Well, considering the water choke is only partially electric, and is electric-assisted, I don't think employing a switch will do much.

I did install the water choke on mine, and although I had to fiddle with it a lot, I did get the darn thing to work right and had no problems with it at all. So it does work.

The linkage would not stay bolted up, so I welded it where it was coming loose. that solved my problems. No, it didn't come with instructions, but I'm pretty good at figuring things out, and it was kind of like messing with an erector set as a kid.
It's a little complicated but works well.

I didn't have any problem with my adapter or gaskets. Mine were fine. Perhaps you should send yours back for an exchange.

The one problem I did have was with jetting. Unfortunately, according to Holley, the jets for those are no longer manufactured. But I did buy some smaller jets from a guy in California and drilled them out to approximately what I needed.
What you could do, since it's brass, is to solder them closed and then drill out to the diameter you need. Hardware stores have those miniscule exact-size drill bits.


52 GMC 3/4 ton pickup
68 Big Block Vette
68 455 Firebird