The one problem I did have was with jetting. Unfortunately, according to Holley, the jets for those are no longer manufactured. But I did buy some smaller jets from a guy in California and drilled them out to approximately what I needed.
What you could do, since it's brass, is to solder them closed and then drill out to the diameter you need. Hardware stores have those miniscule exact-size drill bits.
How did you know that your jets were too large? Fuel fumes in the exhaust? Fouled plugs? I'm really curious, especially since I may have to do the same thing.
Did Holley say that there were no jets from other carburetors that would fit?
It was simple really. Black smoke out of the exhaust when I step on it. It came from Langdon's set up for sea level. I was at 5800 ft ASL at the time. So I had to lean it out.
Holley did say there were no other jets. That was the old Ford Pinto carb and when they were no longer used, Holley discontinued manufacturing of the jets. Really though, drilling them out is easy. But it's a very small, very fragile drill bit, so you have to be careful.