Originally Posted by starkweatherr
Czechman, you are essentially right, but what can he do after I complain to him?

That's not the point.

The point is both sides of the story are necessary to make a fair assessment of the situation. We would just like to know what the response is, regardless of what it is. That will tell us a lot about the merchant's business practices so we can decide if we want to deal with them.

I have a retail business that sells products that are often discussed in Internet forums. Everything I sell is unconditionally satisfaction guaranteed and when someone buys something from me that they are not happy with I simply tell them that no one can guarantee that everything they sell will be perfect, but what I CAN guarantee is that I'll jump through my a$$ to do whatever it takes to make things right... and then proceed to jump.

And you know what... it hasn't cost me a dime. To the contrary I've gained thousandss of loyal customers who put food in my mouth and a roof over my head, and speak well of me in public. I couldn't imagine treating them any other way.

Any merchant can pull something off the shelf and sell it. The true test of a merchant is what they do when things go wrong... THAT'S what we deserve to know.


Woody
Your Brother in Bolthood

My 1951 half-ton 'Ol Red

Save the VINTAGE DOOR ART! Please contribute photos.
Door Art Collection