Don't worry, I'm wearing my flameproof suit.

I bought this setup because of all the good reviews I read here. What were you thinking?

First thing I tried to install was the mount for the air cleaner. The supplied bolt is too long. ??

So I started to take a close look at it.

1. The carburetor to manifold adapter is not completely finished. The bottom, especially, is rough. Considering that I can only use two bolts in the four bolt base flange, I expect air leaks. I hate to use Gorilla Snot on carburetor gaskets, but . . .

2. The gaskets are very poorly cut. I won't be able to use any of them. No isolator gasket.

3. The linkage is unnecessarily complicated, and there are no instructions for it's assembly, except one small fuzzy picture. Even if I was masochistic enough to use the linkage, there are no jam nuts for the Heim joints. I did notice that one user recommended Loc-Tite. Heim joints should ALWAYS have jam nuts.

4. The choke. He told me I needed the electric choke and a manual choke would not work. Horsepoop. That whole choke housing is going in the trash and will be replaced by one screw-on lever for a manual choke.

On the up-side, I think the carburetor will work fine, and I like the air cleaner, except for the provided mounting stud.

My advice is to buy the carburetor, which is inexpensive. Try to get it without any choke at all. Electric chokes sound strangely like electric jokes. Why give up a whole Amp just to keep the choke open? Don't buy the new one. Buy one that has been rebuilt. Appearance will probably be better and the price is $20 less. Take a few minutes to look at it and you will probably figure out that a 3/8 inch aluminum plate, one or two bell cranks, and a little ingenuity will give you a lot better experience.

Tom, I'm sorry, but I just don't see the added value here.


195? Chevy 3800 dump truck
1973 Chevy C30 cab and chassis
1987 Suburban 3/4 ton 6.2L Diesel