I have watched this post get lengthy and somewhat off point but have stayed out of it but now want to say a couple of things.
1.
I agree with all here that first giving a supplier every opportunity fo address a problem is the correct manner to deal with problems before coming here. So let's all adapt that as out procedure. No more explanations are neccesary so let's just leave it at that.
2.
I too have this setup and it's up there in pictures where all can see it. When asked I have often expressed my own opinion but won't now as it is already out there.
3.
I know Tom Langdon personally and am not defending him but his Stovebolt Engine Co. is a sort of partime thing as the guy is retired. Cut him some slack. He has gone to bat for me and helped with free parts when he didn't have to. Sure it took some time on accassion but after all he is retired. That is something I want to do also and having a Medicare card of my own I understand slowing down better than I did at 50 yo.
4.
I have suggested without success that a seperate forum be set for vendor bitchin'. I want to know who the worst are too and no one here wants to make a costly mistake. But we should have a Bitchin Room to go to for that sort of thing.
5.
As the guy with the Editing and Deleting authority I am extremely reluctant to use it. However I am always on guard for threads that get way off track or hijacked. That's just not nice. I do occassionally place a thread into the proper forum.
I try to be understanding of each members issues and concerns even when they are critical of me. But let's all try to limit the [censored], say what we have to say and leave it be. We are all intellegent enough here that we don't need things explained ad-naseum and I hope I spelled that right. Interesting thread gentlemen and ladies.