Fla54Chevy3100, I'm glad you had so much better luck and common sense. My installation is also going onto a bone stock 235 Hi Pressure engine. Single carb. Maybe another one later, but this first one is going to be a challenge.
I'd like to remind you that I bought the setup based on many people in this forum saying the same thing you did, but how do you get a look at the real thing? Nobody around here has one. My first look at the real kit was when I opened the box. Kind of hard to decide that I didn't like most of it before then.
I'm stuck with the gearing that I have. I think it is 5.73 in 4th. There's no way I will ever be able to get the truck up to 70, and no way I'll ever get 20 mpg. That's not the goal. This is a 1 ton Duallie dump truck, a 1950 3800. I just want it to run reliably, and be easy to maintain. I figure max speed will be around 50 and mileage, if I'm lucky will be 15,
The other comment about being disappointed with something that so many others have had good luck with reminds me of one of my favorite sayings from the military, "Just because you have always done something one way doesn't mean that it was ever the right way to do it."