I rejected the Langdon's setup because, even though it was praised by many here, I thought it looked ugly. Kind of like a Frankenstein conversion. I didn't like the look of the adaptors. I thought the carbs looked all wrong for the year and engine. I hated the air cleaners. That doesn't mean Langdon's isn't for you. It just wasn't for me.

So, I run two Model B's with no chokes at all. The only problem I have is low gas mileage because, well, I can't seem to keep my foot out of it. grin

Here's some pics:

My truck
Motor - right side
Motor - left side

In case you're wondering', the solenoid is an idle-step-up for the A/C.

I know everyone says you have to have heat to the intake and you have to have chokes. Apparently that ain't true in Texas. The truck runs like a scalded dog and doesn't hesitate on takeoff at all.

It's your truck. Do it your way.


Paul Schmehl CI 6
geek@stovebolt.com
Stovebolt Staff: Geek