I love it when people bring us their cars after going to one of them "jiffy" type places. They end up being our customers for life. I've seen transmissions run empty until they seize and the engine 5 quarts over full. I've had cars towed to us with half the engine in the trunk. I've seen timing belts put on wrong, bending every valve in the heads. I've even repaired cars that other (same brand!) dealers couldn't. If a dealer can't fix it, no one can. I like these Wally World types, it's job security for me.
As Piewagn says, good experienced tech are getting scarce, it's hard to start out in such a fast paced profession and not many people are signing up to do it. If you think it's bad now, wait about ten years when all of the experience retires and all you have is the wanna-be's trying to figure out your car,
Scott


Scott Ward

2 1948 1.5-ton Loadmasters
The red one and The snow pusher
1 1950 3100
1 1955.1 Chevy 6500
1 1954 Chevy 6500 2-Ton
1 1955 1st Series COE 5700
1 1963 K20 (454)
1 1964 C10 (350)
1 1951 1.5-ton Dump Truck
1953 and a 1956 Ford F800

Raising a teenager is like trying to nail Jello to a tree!