So, what would you have accepted as your starting rate?? Don't expect to jump right in at "A" level wages. Explain to me how a speed density system works. Why is there a 24x & 7x crank shaft sensor? What is a serial data line? Why does the PCM need to communicate with the EBCM on a vehicle with traction control? What is the purpose of variable valve timing? What is the purpose of a yaw rate sensor? What vital information does it send to the PCM & EBCM, and how do they respond? What's the difference between Passkey II & Passkey III?
Which one uses fuel circuit shutoff? How are these systems reprogrammed? This is just a drop in the bucket. Employers need to see how fast you can pick up and retain these things, and base your wages accordingly. I admire your enthusiasm, but you've got to start somewhere. I agree, $9.00 is kind of low to start. But, don't expect $20.00 to start either. My education has been ongoing, and will continue throughout the rest of my automotive career. Like it or not, that's just the way it is.

JS


"I can go anywhere...for I am a Piewagoneer...To the Piewagon"

1966 Chevy Panel Delivery 1966 in the Gallery and more on Webshots