Well that windshield wiper story was not the fault of WalMart, but some dip employee who was in a rush and didn't double check his work. The fact that they paid for everything says a lot about this company.
My Honda car had a front turnsignal housing busted by a rogue, WalMart shopping cart. The manager told me to get an estimate on the part which I planned to install myself. I brought it to them and they paid me out of petty cash. I was a happy camper. But my trip to the Honda dealer was not so pleasant.
I got a printed quote for the part at the Honda parts dept. The guy was not very friendly. After WalMart OK'd the purchase I went back to Honda to buy. It had gone up in price by about 10%. I told the parts JERK, that WM had agreed to pay the previous amount and may not OK the higher price. He said emphatically, THAT'S THE PRICE, YOU WANT IT OR NOT!. I took the part but went to the cashier to explain my situation to a more sympathetic ear, and asked to speak to another parts person. She went over and got the SAME GUY to whom I had just spoken. He was even more [censored] now. I told him that I knew how HE felt and that I wanted to speak to a manager. He then tried to take the part out of my hand but I held on. He became enraged, his face turning red and he glared at me like a serial killer. I had to prepare myself for a fist to cuffs. LOL!! Had I been on neutral ground I would have told him to *uck OFF! Instead I said, "you'r hostile". At that moment the Level-headed cashier took him by the shoulder and led him in back. She spoke to a manager and he understood my position and agreed on the lower price. Old red-face was [censored]. I later called the manager of the dealership and made a complaint about this guy.
I have never had such a hostile encounter at WalMart.....