You can't trust anyone, and that includes Chevrolet service centers. Too full, not enough, stripped plug, no plug, charged but not done, etcetera. With stock springs you can almost fit a recliner under there to make it comfortable, and nothing could be easier than operating a grease gun.
I had a 74 Nova with 350 and A/C. I paid to have a tuneup at my caring local Chevrolet service center 3 times, including 8 plugs. The last time I couldn't afford to pay labor. After removing the A/C compressor I replaced 8 plugs for the first time, the one under the compressor was a factory plug!
Watched Jiffy Lube put 3 quarts in my buddy's S10 L4. Lucky for him I had the same engine that requires 4.5 quarts.
Another Quick Lube joint stripped the plug on my S10 when I was desperate to leave town for an emergency. Only time in 8 years that I did not do it myself.
And now for a confession: Walmart recycles oil for free. Just drop it off near the service bay door and drive off without asking any questions. It has worked for many years at several different Walmart stores.