There you go! I'm the perfect guinea pig for this stuff. I know nothing. I thought a newer pump won't work, so J. Carter pump says 37-62. I thought I was to get a 54 or earlier pump. See what I mean about putting this all together in a tip with a clear explanation as to which pump? which plate and which fan and how to modify a fan properly............ ??????? Short pump, earlier, later, 3/8, 5/8 pulley, harmonic balancer, install issues, sealing issues all can be resolved in one tip. With actual part numbers from todays vendors not original GM part numbers or earlier/later descriptions. Tim, you have given great info in this post. You have done this to two trucks. You are a good writer. With Dave's permission, his page can be linked in the tip. But not just his page, a complete no brainer tip. That even I can understand. I wrote to Dave and he says his plate is sold at several vendors. Awesome.

The J. Carter site is nicely improved. Well done. I tested it just now. At top of page I chose the picture that says 47-53. On the left margin, I scrolled to "Mechanical/ cooling system/ water pumps" Bingo! What could be easier than that?


Right is right, even if everyone is against it, and wrong is wrong, even if everyone is for it. - William Penn