Hope everybody had a great Christmas. Mine went fairly well all things considered. I took a week off during Christmas and new year's and spend a few days working on the truck. I managed to get it the bodywork finished on the shell and have it wet sanded ready for paint on the outside. Now I have to focus on the interior. My wife decided she wanted to come out and help me for the day to wet sand. I also finished up those low spots that still needed a bit of work. (Pics on the website)
The rear clam has had a previous hit and I can't get it aligned. The part of the cross member on the body where the hing attaches underneath has had an ugly previous repair, so I am going to have to cut it off, fit the door, and re-weld. I think a 1/2 day should cover that.
Trying to decide on wiring, paint color and interior scheme next. Wiring first and foremost so I can be one step ahead when I sit the body back on the frame. I put a 21 circuit kit in the 51, but I think i'll just wire this thing back to original since I am only adding A/C and a radio beyond stock. One of those kits is probably overkill.
Realistically, I think it won't be until the end of the month before I get it in color. I have some more sanding to do on the hood before I wet sand. Bodywork is just tedious work. I guess that's why they call it 'bodywork', not 'bodyfun'