Hi all. Just a quick update for you on where I am. I have been making progress, but it's been slow. I have been trying to figure out tiny tech issues which I have been posting in the engine and driveline section. Thanks to Tim and others for their help. I think i'll just plug and not use a bypass filter at this time, and I think I have the flywheel and starter combination knocked out. I am going to use the 168tooth flywheel with a matching 12V starter and order a clutch through the guys at Fort Wayne Clutch in Indiana since its a hard clutch and plate to find.
Gas tank is in and I put in a new sending unit as well and measured and bent it up to read right.
I uploaded a few pics of the engine bits I got back from the coaters. I hot coated the Clifford Headers and had the intake done in thermal dispersion black. I also had all the aluminum bits clear coated as well so I never have to polish them. Well worth it for me. He charged me 260 bucks for everything and did a bang up job. He's right here in Durham NC too.
Haven't touched the body since I got back. I need to get the floor pans in, but it's been raining here, and I figured I would finish up this drivetrain first. I already have this 4 speed rebuilt and ready to go in the truck with a shift kit from Patricks, but now having second thoughts on the 4 gear versus a T5. Oh well, I will try and pick the best rear end gearing to give me a nice mix of highway and city driving hopefully to make up for it.