Hi all! Hope all my fellow bolters are doing well. I thought I would get back online since it's been a while and give you all an update. I had scheduled the truck to be blasted and it happened yesterday. I was quite happy with the results, and now I have to get over to the shop tonight and put it in DP before the air gets to it. The metal is absolutely gourgeous. There are a few dozen low spots which is to be expected, and the floor pans ended up being shot, so i'll weld in some new ones. If I can get to it, I may try and do that this weekend. The rear rockers are kinda punky as well, but I haven't decided if they are bad enough to cut out or just repair and cut a few holes in them and weld in new metal just yet. I took my fresh rebuilt engine I had built up about a year ago for another project and am putting it into this truck. I got the long block assembled and most of the valve train back in last Friday. I still have to swap suspensions / axles from my 47 project to this truck. I am hoping to get this done over labor day, but the baby pretty much controls my schedule (happily)these days. I wish Braydon was a bit older to help me!
Gmoniz managed to find me a set of front and another middle seat from a guy in Kentucky last week. I have a friend there who is picking them up for me this weekend. I still have no rear seat, but am still a couple months away from needed it.
The floor is in such great shape for original, I am going to sand and marine varnish the original floor just for grins. I think it's way cool I can say my truck has the original wooden floor and it's in great shape.
After blasting nearly a half dozen car resto projects, and paying this guy 600 bucks to do my suburban, I can say I will never do it again. If you are going to have to choose where to spend money on a project, this is where to do it. He did a phenomenal job and was out of there in 4 hours. I sanded it with 180 grit and my D/A last night and it's perfect.
New Pics and movies near the bottom from this week.
http://gallery.mac.com/patrick.plummer#100287&bgcolor=black&view=grid