I appreciate your support. As I said before, the Langdon conversion got such good reviews that I assumed it would have instructions, bolt right up and work perfectly forever.
You're right, I should have known better.
I still working on it, but I can't find my sander to finish the edges of the manifold flanges. I also haven't decided whether I'm going to make the plate or have it done.
So far, the '72 Vega gaskets have cost $5 and the bellcrank was $25 from Summit. The chamfering took about half an hour. The sanding, including the manifold should take less than an hour. I plan to spend about an hour with my trusty Dremel tool cleaning up the adapter bore. I'm going to paint the adapter flat black, because I like flat black
It will take a few minutes to mount the bellcrank (after I figure out the angle), choke adapter and return spring mount. Dual return springs of course. ( My tank was headed for a small German town one cold morning when my driver told me the throttle was on the floor and wouldn't come back up. I'd had one throttle return spring on order for months, now the other one had broken. You can't navigate the narrow streets of a small German town at 32 miles per hour. I had to remove the inside engine access plate, (18 bolts) and manually operate the throttle linkage until we got through the town. Kind of nerve wracking. I've never willingly driven anything without working dual return springs since then.)
I may have to modify the existing throttle linkage rod due to the height of the adapter. No big deal.
I will post pictures as I make progress.
Once again, thanks for yur support.