Denny, you're missing the point.
I bought the Holley/Weber kit because I had severe problems with Rochester B's. It's theoretically possible that the real problem was lack of a fuel pressure regulator, but I really didn't have time to find out. The Rochester B that I had leaked like a sieve from the throttle shaft ends, the mid carb joint, and a few other places. A replacement would cost more than $300. (One that I would trust.)
A basic Holley/Weber costs $60, and $80 for a new one. (Not worth the extra money.)
Selling a single Holley Weber as a performance carburetor would be ridiculous. They were used on small cars in the 1970s, like Audis, Vegas, and a few others. The Vega engine was 122 Cubic inches, IIRC. A single Holley Weber is rated at 216 CFM.
For a performance carburetor you would never go lower than 1.5 times the engine capacity. For a 235, that would mean at least 352 CFM.
During my career, a lot of people have decided that I am stupid and obnoxious. Interestingly enough, none of those people are still in business.
Last edited by starkweatherr; 07/17/2008 12:01 AM.