I recently purchased a dual Fenton intake and Carter-Weber carbs set-up for a 261 engine from Langdon's Stovebolt Engine Parts Company. I discussed with Tom a more "period correct" set of air cleaners and asked about using the original spark arrestor air cleaners. Tom suggested an set of 1950s oil bath air cleaners that he would adapt to fit the Carter-Webers (uses a standard filter element but that is not apparent from the outside).

The air cleaners arrived about a week after the rest of the intake parts arrived. They look good and fit well. A very thick o-ring is the seal between the carb and the base of the air cleaner. An off-center attachment post allows for alignment of the two air cleaners.

Tom provided superb machine-made gaskets for between the carb and the 2-barrel adapter and for between the 2-barrel adapter and the intake manifold. Only two of the four "ears" on the top of the 2-barrel adapters are needed for attachment of each 2-bolt carb, so I might eventually cut off the other two "ears".

I have not yet installed the intake and carbs but I have mocked them up on a bench. The dual-carb accelerator linkage is better than I had hoped for (far better than the linkage I have for two original Rochester carbs) but I still do not see how I will hook up the accelerator control rod from the bell-crack on the block.

Even though I have had minor problems communicating with Tom Langdon (perhaps due to summer shows/displays), I am pleased with what I have seen so far. It will be early August before I will be able to install and test the two Carter-Webers set-up on the Fenton dual-carb manifold.

Tim

If I have time, I post a few photos of the air cleaners and linkage, if anyone is interested. Maybe Chris Sweet will post a few photos of his Carter-Weber linkage and fuel supply?