Well, I finally got the right rear brake reassembled. Amazingly frustrating.
Trying to get the brake shoe retaining spring connected behind the Parking Brake Lever (which makes it invisible) was a challenge. Is the hook supposed to point toward the center of the wheel or outward? (It would only make a very small difference in the location of the shoe.)
Then, hooking that shoe retracting spring (the one that pulls the two shoes toward each other) really tested me.
I have attached a couple of photos of the "Extension, Parking Brake Lever", Group 5.182. Part number 475482 is called for on the right and 475481 is called for on the left. There is a flattened spot on this part and I wonder if the parts might have been inadvertently switched by the previous owner? The flat spot in the part is visible just below the wheel cylinder. Does anyone know if it is supposed to be visible when the part is installed?
Thanks!
Last edited by Nick in Manitou; 04/14/20265:32 AM. Reason: Spelling
Nick 1940 KC Model 1/2 Ton Pickup Project (with '37-'39 Bed and what we think is a '42-'46 Frame) Taos, New Mexico