I really appreciate the input.
The photos are very helpful.
With regard to replacing the brake lines, I will do that if it turns out that they are not already new. The project came to me with the story that the engine was new, the brakes were new and the transmission was rebuilt. (I was also told that it was a 1940, but it turned out to be a Frankentruck of 3 different series!) I am just now getting to looking at the brakes and will try to let safety rule instead of just my wallet! I will override my natural desire to just see if it will work as it is, and tear it down and make sure all the parts are new or in very good condition. I do feel that brakes are a good thing.
Nice to know that Ace and the FLAPS should be sources for any clips that I will be needing.


Nick
1940 KC Model 1/2 Ton Pickup Project
(with '37-'39 Bed and what we think is a '42-'46 Frame)
Taos, New Mexico