Nick, I had never seen or heard of Huck brakes in my life until I started working on Ol' Roy 4 or 5 years ago.

I rebuilt all four wheels without any Huck specific tools. My Bendix Brake tools and Channel lock pliers were all I needed.

Use DOT3 fluid.

Are you worried that the brake lines might have rust inside? If so, just replace them all with pre-bent lines from Inline Tube.

I bought new shoes, wheel cylinders, and master from Rock Auto. Dynamic Friction brand.

To flush the lines , let the fluid run out of all corners and blow them out with compressed air.

There is a wheel cover removing tool available from various vendor, not Chevy specific. It's a hard plastic version of the flat end of a tire iron.

Use a tire iron with a thin blade and rotate it axially instead of prying it like a lever.


1950 Chevrolet 3100 (Ol' Roy)

1939 Packard Standard Eight Coupe (The Phantom) | 1956 Cadillac Coupe de Ville (The Bismarck) | 1964 Ford Galaxie 500 coupe |1966 Ford Mustang (Little Red) | 1969 Pontiac GTO (The Dishpit) I 1979 Ford F-100 | 1976 Ford F-150 (Big Red) | 1995 Ford F-150 (Newt)