| Kettle Custodian (pot stirrer) Joined: Feb 2004 Posts: 29,799 | I'm in the process of installing a piece of barn door track over my lathe. I'll use it with a double sheave block and tackle and some nylon rope to manhandle heavy stuff on and off the lathe without having to bust a gut in the process. Those skate wheel type rollers in the square channel will make handling something like a stovebolt crankshaft a lot simpler. I'll probably do the same thing over my crankshaft grinder eventually. Jerry
"It is better to be silent and be thought a fool than to speak and eliminate all doubt!" - Abraham Lincoln Cringe and wail in fear, Eloi- - - - -we Morlocks are on the hunt! There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self. - Ernest Hemingway Love your enemies and drive 'em nuts!
|