I've never had the need to rebuilt or study a 2G or a 2GC so I have to "bow out" when discussion proceeds on how to rebuild one.

The attached picture is one I found on the Internet and posted it here on Stovebolt.
At the time I thought it was crazy i.e. a 1 barrel Carter YF on a V8 small block engine.
If you look at the diagnostic box and the oil pressure gauge, the engine is obviously running.
Then a kind soul informed me that it was a homemade carburetor tester. Oh expletive!
The point is, after rebuilding your carburetor, I would find a way to test that it works good enough for your engine break-in.

One more thing. I have nothing to justify my words but I, a novice, read "Aussie Speed" to mean "flat out".
An intake designed to get the maximum speed performance out of your machine.
I would do some research and have a fall back plan in case I was not happy with everyday street performance.
Attachments
Carburetor Tester.jpg (94.88 KB, 118 downloads)


"Adding CFM to a truck will only help at engine speeds you don't want to use."
"I found there was nothing to gain beyond 400 CFM."